Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paper or Plastic? Neither!


I love my reusable bags. Helping the environment, by reducing the amount of plastic in our landfills can be more than practical - it can be fashionable as well! Besides the basic grocery store offerings, you can get bags to support a favorite sports team, or even promote good art, like my 'Starry Night' bag. Also, whenever I use my 'Target' bag, I get $.05 off of my order. It may not be a huge benefit, but it's better than nothing! I think that's my focus for this whole "greener" thing - a little bit is better than nothing!


The only problem that I have with my bags is that I forget them at home half of the time!!! I'm getting better at this, but it is so frustrating to get to the grocery store & realize that I left them at home. I've tried leaving them in my van, but when they're full of groceries, have to take them inside & then they get left there. I need to be more disciplined!!!


So what do I do with all the plastic bags I've collected? Here's what they mostly get reused for: dog poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment